Wednesday, October 5, 2011

my greatest idea yet.

The girls and I go to Target and Walmart a lot. Like a lot, a lot. The two that are closest to us have those awesome three seater carts (Caleb calls them train carts) that actually make it possible for me to strap in all three of the little girls at the same time. I seriously love those carts- if I didn't know Jesus I would hook one up to the back of our Jeep and tow it home. It would make picking Caleb up from school lifetimes easier. It's not uncommon for us to circle the parking lot of Target or Walmart with Lotta and Jovie singing "train cart! train cart!" while I try to find one to park next to. How much cooler would it be to roll up with my own train cart? Man, I love those carts.

Stealing a train cart is not the greatest idea I have, though.

One out of every three or four times I go to Walmart someone asks me if I'm in a reality show. Seriously. It's weird. Maybe I look like Mama Duggar or Kim Kardashian, but really? I have four kids, not fourteen. Do I look that tired? That dramatic? But that question got me thinking about my own reality show:

Benders Across America

I figure we'll take my man's passions for trucking and our family, mash them together and we'll go over-the-road trucking as a family. So good, right? Instead of saving money to buy a house we'll buy a big rig with a super cab, build a ton of bunk beds into it and I'll homeschool the kids while we adventure across America- kind of an Ice Road Truckers meets Sesame Street meets the Duggar family. I'd watch it. It'd be a killer show.

I pitched it to Ricky and he said no because he doesn't want us to get divorced.

Lame.

But I'm still working on him. So don't steal my idea- I'll find you. But if you steal a train cart let me know.


Benders Across America!!

5 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! Thanks for a bunch of laughs added to my day! I would watch your show, for sure!! I do think Ricky is onto something, though! (And you're way cuter than 19 and counting mama or the Kardashian gal!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO EXCITED TO HAVE DISCOVERED YOUR BLOG!!!! Oh, this is fantastic. Now we will be blog buddies. Oh, I needed a good dose of Bender in my life today. Love you guys. Miss you. So stoked to be reading this. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl!!! Oh girl. You are my Oscar Wilde, Jane Austen, & Dickens. I would watch this show. This, and Little House on the Prairie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y'all are too too sweet and I miss you!!! :) thanks for keeping up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad I met you. You guys are too fun! I barely know you. But I can tell you strive to live life to it's fullest!. I love those carts too. Especially the new ones at Target. And the ones at walmart that have a baby seat with a seat beside it. So smart.

    I thought of you yesterday because I saw a lady at walmart with 5 little girls. Very obviously sisters, oldest was maybe 8?...and she was pregnant. I wanted to ask her so many questions. But of course I didn't.

    ReplyDelete