Monday, July 11, 2011

our rocky mountain move.

You know, it's weird- I haven't told anyone about this little blog, but writing about this move is still incredibly hard. Moving to Colorado was actually incredibly hard. Which is awkward for me.... I mean we were so excited. Are we having a bad first date with Denver? I really hope not because moving is expensive.

Really I just want to put up sweet little pictures of my sweet little babies in their sweet little clothes. But more than that, I want to be honest.

Remember when you were a kid and you would get all psyched for summer? Dreaming of cartoon marathons, lazy cereal-filled mornings and sleep over after sleep over? For me, my dad was a YMCA camp director, so throw in some ponies, ropes courses, swimming pools, campfires, star gazing and trips to Disneyland, too. But then summer comes and you've got chores and it's a hundred and booty degrees outside and all of your friends are on awesome vacations while you're at home flipping through reruns of the Brady Bunch, Gilligans Island and that weird Small Wonder Show while you eat your billionth peanut butter sandwhich of the week. And slowly you start to wilt and deflate a little.

That's kind of how we've been feeling. The great, exciting, wonderful stuff is still there- don't get me wrong, we love Colorado. But it's been tough going. Especially because we moved away from a place, a church and people that we absolutely love. Like seriously love- our friends became our family.

And Jesus has really been comforting my heart as we've been here. 

"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me,
You will stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my enemies,
And Your right hand will save me.
The LORD will perfect that which concerns me;
Your mercy, O LORD endures forever;
Do not forsake the works of Your hands." psalm 138:7-8

Satan is a sneaky jerk. And the spiritual attacks have been ugly. But standing on the promises of my Abba Daddy? Fabulously, Perfectly, Abundantly Sweet. He's faithful even when we're full of fear and doubt, amen?

cute little house.

cute little family.
No matter how awkward and uncomfortable the present home we're in is, we are always at home in Jesus. Like, for real. Like II Corinthians 4:17-18 for real.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Keri,

    Thanks for sharing your feelings with your friends. When people are far away its good to still be able to know what's going on with them. Believe me, more people will read this than comment on it and you might be surprised just how many people comment!

    As far as being in a new place, you haven't been there very long. I don't want to give you a bunch of advice, because I am sure you know it takes time to re-establish yourself, find friends, make those deep connections (that you still have!!) like back in CA. But as long as you keep doing what you're doing, staying as positive as possible, you will be open to those new friends and new connections when they present themselves. So mustly I just want to say well done on the attitude, now its time to wait for things to fall into place.

    And congrats on following your dream. Even if you guys are there a year or two and decide you were totally wrong and head right back for California, you have still taken a risk and had an adventure that many people wouldn't be brave enough to do!

    Your friend,

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benders how we miss you all!!! Myles asked me the other day why you guys had to move...I told him that God said, he was satisfied! He now says that him and Chubs we will be pen pals. so we need your address :) love you guys and of course will be praying for you during your new season!!

    xoxoxo
    jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Keri,

    Not sure if you remember me from our quick meeting right before we moved to Australia, but I wanted you to know that you are not alone, I am adjusting, settling, trying to find a place and a fit here and it is all a little crazy and overwhelming at times.

    Anyway, I have nothing profound to add except that you aren't alone, email me any time if you need someone praying...

    Emma

    ReplyDelete